With overwhelming demand and enthusiasm for the event, balanced with the need for health concerns, the host clubs RCYC & MBSC have refined their operating procedures for the upcoming Laser Nationals in line with professional COVID 19 advice and in the best interest for the safety of sailors, volunteers and staff.
The focus will be on ensuring that sailing happens in a secure and controlled setting. Health concerns are paramount hence the absolute minimization of shore-based hospitality which goes against the grain of these host clubs’ usual welcome. Unfortunately, access to both clubhouses will be restricted to members only. With this in mind most activities onshore will be curtailed to ensure that we are all comfortable and within guidelines.
- Access to the club’s dinghy parks for visiting lasers and support boats will only be from 2 pm Wednesday 19th August
- No Camper Vans or Camping allowed on site
- No on-site catering will be available
- No organized social activities
- No Changing Room access
- Coach and support boats must be registered with race office and
- Launch from Ringaskiddy slip
- Trailers to be kept in Ringaskiddy
- Ribs may berth at RCYC/MBSC marinas
- Registration will be online with tally etc to be collected from the race office
- Face coverings are highly recommended onshore
- Limited parking is available at RCYC and Ringaskiddy slip.
- Social distancing to be observed and full COVID procedures can be found on the websites below.
- Visitors found in breach with travel and quarantine guidance will be subject to sanctions.
- Amended NORs and SIs will be posted on relevant websites shortly
- Late entry via www.laser-ireland.com will reopen until midnight Friday 14th August
- A full refund can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org until midnight Friday 14th August
- There will be NO entries taken at registration
All information will be on club mini-sites:
Laser 4.7s: http://www.mbsc.ie/laser-4-7-nationals-2020
We aim to make this a fun and safe event within the parameters of our ever-changing situation and trust all appreciate the need for these restrictions.
See you on the water
Irish Laser Association