Message Board

Back To Message Board

Subject: Laser 1 hull split
From Pierce Ryan
18 February 2012 at 21:15:00

I was wondering if anyone else was having issues with their hull splitting. The hull of my Laser has repeatedly split along the seam between the deck and the hull and despite multiple repairs, it keeps recurring. Has this happened to any other boat, and if so, why does it happen and is there a long term solution?

Replies

* You are currently viewing as a guest. You must be a registered member and have logged in to post a new topic or reply to an existing one.

From robert ferris
08 March 2012 at 07:33:42

Hi Pierce,the split hull is caused while trailing the boat on the gunnel supports.if the boat is not securly tied down with a rachet strap or if there is any movement while trailing,the gunnell support will do the damage you received. you should consider getting a sling support (see roostersailing.com)it costs £20 and you adjust off the gunnell when towing and let boat rest on gunnell when in dinghy park. mccreavey boats in hollywood co. down have a contact of a guy in n.i. who has successfully repaired the damage you described.i know some body who has been pleased with the repair they did.eddie ferris