Message Board

Back To Message Board

Subject: Age Limit for 4.7's
From Sheina Colfer
04 September 2011 at 17:40:31

Is there an age limit for racing 4.7's in Ireland? I am too light for a radial and I will be 19 in 2012 but I would like to do the laser circuit. Any advice will be appreciated.

Replies

* You are currently viewing as a guest. You must be a registered member and have logged in to post a new topic or reply to an existing one.

From Ron
04 September 2011 at 18:39:06

In Ireland, as in most other Laser Districts, there is no upper age limit for sailing 4.7 rigs. If there are sufficient people over the age of 19 there is no reason why they should not be included as a separate group for prizes.

From Katie Malcolm
29 September 2011 at 22:03:52

Sheina I'm 21 and I'm still in a 4.7, I'm easily 7 years older than some of the guys I race against. I tried a while ago to get a senior division going but most people just moved out of the feet, I was the only senior 4.7 sailor at the nationals so there currently isn't a great senior turn out, you can just join me in the radial fleet with a reef in your sail of you want :-)

From Sheina
06 October 2011 at 10:05:00

I think i will just stay in a 4.7. Its a good idea to reef the radial sail but i'd still be way too light i think. Hopefully there will be a senior fleet for 4.7's soon. Thanks.